Rhonda Rabow’s Newsletter
Rhonda Rabow, M.A.
How healthy is your relationship?
While all relationships have their ups and downs, their challenges and gifts, sometimes it is a good idea to take stock of the relationship, to analyze its costs and benefits. Deciding to take stock of your relationship does not mean you have to end it, change it or improve it. It might be fine the way it is, but it can be good feedback to take a look at the pros and cons once in a while. Whatever you decide to do with the results, is up to you, and since knowledge is power, you might want to ask some of these questions to learn where you stand in regards to being in a healthy relationship.
Here are a few question that I have designed to help you with this task.
We all know that no one is perfect and we are all in the process of growing and learning, but we also have the right to feel valued and respected and there are certain dealbreakers. Only you can decide if this is a relationship that you value and empowers you. One question to ask yourself, if you still don't have an answer, is if your child were to fall in love with a person identical to your partner, what would you be telling him/her?
- Do you enjoy being with your partner, most of the time?
- Do you still laugh together?
- Can you make mistakes without feeling judged or criticized?
- Do you really like your partner as a person?
- Is he/she supportive and understanding?
- Are you able to disagree calmly and with respect?
- Is their a willingness to see the other's point of view?
- Do you and your partner accept responsibility for your share of the problem?
- Is it ok to make mistakes or will it be used against you at a later time?
- Do you feel you are treated with respect and valued?
- Do you still have fun together?
- When you think of the future, is your partner in the picture?
- Do you feel you can ask for what you want without being accused of being selfish?
- Does your partner ever make you feel humilated or invisible?
- Do you feel your partner minimizes your needs and concerns?
- Do you feel like you are "walking on eggshells" in your relationship?
- Do you feel it is safe to be completely open and vulnerable?
- Does you partner have your back?
Time is too precious to waste it on regret and disappointment. Anonymous
Rhonda Rabow, M.A.
Counseling Psychology, Psychotherapist
Please feel free to email me at: email@example.com
or call me at 514-626-4609
Guest Rhonda discussing Anxiety on CJAD radio,
Click [HERE] to Listen